weird situation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MollyDoll

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey, I'm new to this site and came here as since I can't find help from anywhere, so I hope you can help. I just recently (about 2 weeks or more ago) had to tear apart my precious tank because life hates me and cursed my tank with an ich outbreak. So now all my fish are in quarantine tanks receiving the copper treatment for 8 weeks (cringe). All my fish have been doing well until about a 2 days ago when my powder blue tang just decides that food doesnt interest him anymore. He was eating like a beast until then. He stopped around the time I started soaking the food in zoe and zoecon, and adding vitamin c to the water so the fish get everything they need without the live rock. He ate it the first night and then the next day no food interests him. The only positive outcome of this is that his color has returned brilliantly and better than before after adding the vitamins. I tried putting in algae and romaine in but he won't eat that anymore either. Is is the zoe, zoecon and vitamin c or somthin else?:confused::(

I'd stop with the vitamin supplements and see if it doesn't find an interest in the food again. Keeping it fed during treatment is more important at this stage, in my opinion.

My guess is that it would eventually get used to the additives and return to eating, but I'd be worried that in this situation it'd just be one more additional stress to the fish.

Welcome to the site!

Ok I'll let up on the vitamins completely and see what happens, still open to suggestions though.:(

Is there any way to stimulate its eating, garlic wont work.

Back
Top Bottom