Weird thing popping out of polythoa

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

4127john

Aquarium Advice Freak
At least i think it is a polythoa lol. Found it on the side area of it near it's base.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427606942.524891.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427606991.965733.jpg. Is it suppose to be setting up a new area on the rock or making an offspring?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It is a polythoa. I can't really see what's happening in the photo besides one time it's open and the other it is closed. It makes more of itself by asexual reproduction by splitting it's mouth or base. Is this happening or is something else happening in the photo?

I don't think it is a nudi. When I touch it, it's tentacles react... Also it seems to be stuck to the base.

Majano anemone or a new paly bud?

I'm no expert but it seems to be growing out of the mat with the paly so I'm gonna go with its just a budding paly.

Shep

I blew up that pict and I don't think it's a sponge in my eyes it looks like your palys are starting to spread , I have been growing palys for ever , I started with 5 paly frag years ago now I have 1000's , god knows how many I gave away
they spread kind of fast I get about 8/10 heads a week I add small rocks so they grow onto them then sell them off , if you see them going in a direction you don't want you'll have to keep them cut back as they have a mind of there own , I just finally got mine to climb the back wall can't wait till they fill in I'm figuring around 3/6 months , I'm trying to get them going on the back wall on the other side of the tank but I've still haven't had luck of any to take yet
just ordered a few more frags of them in blue , green , red , tie dye can't wait to get them going

img_3197391_0_b7d24ce6aaf328f3236c147a719ae737.jpg

they just started down the rock on other side I'm going to head them off with some blue ones so they kind of blend
img_3197391_1_a72eeba21b0b4bc47c7cbba9b77c8b97.jpg

hope you have the same luck as me with them , I also started adding them into my predator tank just to add some extra life on the rocks

Back
Top Bottom