Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 10-17-2003, 10:50 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular
weird things on koran's gills

My angel has this bubble looking stuff along the gills and one white spot on her fin. The spot looked like the start of ick, ( I can't get a pic right now) but I put her QT tank with copper and the bubbly stuff is still there and getting worse and the white spot ins't going away. She's been in there for a week and a half. There's only one white spot and it hasn't changed so I'm thinking that its not ick and the gill stuff is maybe fungus? The gill stuff and white spot are different things, I think. Help me I'm confused?!?!?

sillyfishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2003, 02:24 PM   #2
Could either be flukes, protozoan parasite or fungus, hard to tell with your description and no pic. Your best approach would be to remove the copper treatment via water changes and fresh carbon every few hours since the copper is having no affect. Once done, then treat with hyposalinity and a broad spectrum anti biotic for gram negative bacteria. The two treatments combined are very safe when administered properly and will help eliminate the guess work of trying to treat an unknown.

Without a positive ID on the problem it will be much harder to determine an accurate treatment. I am hesitant to mention this but if the above suggestion is not effective you may also need to try formalin dips but I would first see if the hypo/anti-biotic works first.

Is the "bubbley" stuff smooth, stringy or fluffy?
How is the fishs' appetite and breathing?

gills, weir

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com