After my powder blue tang had ich for over 3 weeks and nothing working I finally decided to put him in a QT
tank like you guys suggested. I set it up with the water from the tank and put a filter with no carbon and a heater in it. Unfortunately I woke up this morning and something wen wrong with the heater (malfunction or something), I had it on low but it malfunctioned and went to high and put the water temperature up to 110 degrees, no fish will survive in that temperature. Then when I tried to see what was wrong the heater sent an electric current through the water and I almost electricuted myself. If the fish didnt die from the temperature he sure did from the electricity. So now my $80 fish is dead.
I thought I saw a white dot on my foxface. I hope he is not getting ich now too. Just thought I would share my horror story.