What a Horror Story!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Silvabul

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
After my powder blue tang had ich for over 3 weeks and nothing working I finally decided to put him in a QT tank like you guys suggested. I set it up with the water from the tank and put a filter with no carbon and a heater in it. Unfortunately I woke up this morning and something wen wrong with the heater (malfunction or something), I had it on low but it malfunctioned and went to high and put the water temperature up to 110 degrees, no fish will survive in that temperature. Then when I tried to see what was wrong the heater sent an electric current through the water and I almost electricuted myself. If the fish didnt die from the temperature he sure did from the electricity. So now my $80 fish is dead. :cry: I thought I saw a white dot on my foxface. I hope he is not getting ich now too. Just thought I would share my horror story.

Have you contacted the maker of the heater, and perhaps a consumer safety group? That sounds very dangerous that it sent a shock into the water.

Yea, contact the manufacture. Something had to go wrong for it to send a charge into the water. & Sorry for your loss :cry:

You will never believe what happened, when I cleaned the tank I found a piece of glass on the bottom. It looks like the fish might have rubbed up against the heater trying to get rid of the ich and broke the heater. Then the water got in it and he rubbed up against it aging and electricuted himself. He had a brown spot on him from the point of electricution. I could not believe it!

Ouch, Must have been damaged, cracked or something. I use heater guards on all my heaters. After I had one go to sleep on it and get burned I decided to use them on all of them.

Back
Top Bottom