What a surprise, more bad news

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jamal-188

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well the 3 fish I had in my 44g is now down to 2 fish. The flame angel died today. It was fine up until about 3-4 days ago when it stopped eating and got a white circle on it's stomach. The tang was doing worse than before so with the help of some people on here I realized my ph was low due to the hyposalinty treatment. So have been dosing with dkH buffer and monitoring ph for the last few days and keeping up with the 20% daily water changes and new vitamins in the food. So I figured the flame angel would come around and start eating again, guess not he died today. The yellow tang isn't really looking better, he may actually have a few new red spots on him and the lemonpeel angel has been unaffected by any of this. Am I just having horrible luck lately or what? I guess I'll keep this up a few more days then switch to the medication route if he doesn't start looking better. On a positive note I guess both remaining fish are still eating well.

It usually takes about a week in hypo before the ich starts to clear up. You have to give any treatment time enough to start working. Secondary bacterial infections frequently accompany parasitic infections so it is not surprising that some of your fish have complications. Keep some Maracyn-Two or nitrofurazone handy in the event that the bacterial infections get worse. Once the parasite is under control the fish will often recover from a secondary bacterial infection without antibiotics. It is not a bad idea to soak the food in garlic for the next couple of weeks. Better yet, get some Beta glucan to add a small amount to the food each day during treatment. BG is a known immune system biological modulator.
Terry B

Back
Top Bottom