What about the inverts??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Missjmeide

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have to quarantine my fish cause of ick, but I have only the dt and another tank that I am starting to cycle to use as my new dt. The current tank also has live rock, live sand, and inverts in it. Oh and I do have a small empty betta tank which isn't even a gallon. Can I just move my inverts and live rock into the betta tank while I quarantine the fish in the old dt (after I clean the sand out)?

uhm i doubt they will survive and less than a gallon of water for the time period it takes to get rid of ick... I would move everything except for the fish into the new display. and medicate the fish in the old. remember most everything that kills ick also kills inverts.

Will moving the inverts and live rock into my new dt infected with ick? I know that only fish can get ick, but I was told that inverts are carriers of it. Should I clean the live rock before putting it in the new dt?

if you leave the fish out for the amount of time needed to get rid of ick then without a host it will perish. I wouldnt clean the live rock unless to get rid of algae or aptasia etc.

Back
Top Bottom