Originally Posted by maryannr
what about your PH and temprature? A sudden big change in either of those could have detrimental effects. I once had a heater malfunction and my tank went up to well over 90 degrees. All the fish were still alive but, in a panic, I dropped the temp too quickly (10 degrees in 24 hours) and killed 5 fish
Ouch, sorry about your fish, the temp was 77 and ph is within range too.. I don't think there was a temp drop at night because it's not that cold in our house so I can't imagine it going down very suddenly and the raising back up in the morning, even if there was heater malfunction.