What do anemone eat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
they are photosynthetic (lots of light to help them make their own food) they also eat small fish, inverts (crabs, shrimp, etc.), as well as thawed out frozen food. they will normally eat anything that gets stuck in their tenticles. if you have a clown fish the fish will serve the anemone food, and therefore direct feeding is not necessary.
good luck,
mermaid

I have heard of feeding them silversides directly, but then hey will grow very fast, this can be a good thing or a bad ting. I am sure you will get better advice from some of the anemone pros.

Krill, shrimp from the store, silver sides. I Direct feed 1-2 times a week. My clowns don't always feed the anemone so you may need too.
Make sure the food is small enough for the anemone to eat.

they rely on light mostly. If you are feeding you fish froozen mysis, krill, or other meaty stuff you do not need to target feed your anenome. What type is it?

I got a Florida Condi Anemone. I haven't fed it anything yet, but was hoping maybe it had eaten some of the brine that I put in for my other fish. Sounds like I may have to make a trip to the LFS to get some of the other stuff though.

No you do not need to feed it anything other than what your feeding the tank.

Direct feeding it is not nessecary IMHO. I have had mine for about 5 months or so, it has doubled in size and I do not directly feed it. It's tents. will grab food floating around during feeding. :wink:

PS. My anemone is doing great. It is a pink tip.

Well. I went home today and freaked!! 8O 8O The anemone had a brown substance on it that looked like the fuzz that forms on dead fish after a while. This stuff was brown and flowing in the current but still stuck to the anemone around the mouth area. I thought the anemone was dead, but it was not closed up. :? Some of the brown stuff found it's way to other places of my tank, but does this mean that it is sick and about to die? It doesn't look good at all!! Any ideas???? I am pretty sure that it is alive at the moment.

Heh.. a lot of corals excrete the brown stringy stuff too.. can look pretty worrying the first time you see it.

LOL! :D :eek: It all makes sense now! Thanks to yall for your help!!

Back
Top Bottom