what do you make of this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

quarryshark

Aquarium Advice Addict
My Lawnmower Blenny has been in qt being treated with hypo for 3 weeks now. He mainly hides under a plastic plant I put in there for him. Today I find him like this. Blown up like a balloon. Any idea?

remember when you helped me out with my fish? thats what the stomach of my emporer angelfish looked like. I think he was the cause of the whole mess, but I never did figure out why he was swollen. Brought her to the lfs in a zip lock bag when i lost her and the owner told me she'd never seen that before. i know i am not helping much but you know what i delt with...any chance that you are dealing with the same disease? Just thought i'd ask.

I added ebson salts to hopefully help with the inflammation. I doubt it's a parasite with the hypo unless its internal. Water quality is good for a qt seting.

I also have a Lawnmower that expanned after getting him from a lfs. When I got him I had plenty of for him to eat in the tank.
After talking with the lfs be decided that he was just like a kid in a candy store. After he cleaned up the tank he slimmed down.
In my opinion I think they are not feed enough at the lfs and when they get into a tank with a over abundance of food they go full bore.
Hope this helps.

Mine Ive had for a while, he has a big 'tummie cuz he eats alot in the tank :lol:
He is soo fat he needs to take breaks inbetween eating

Sounds reasonable but. I looked at him a couple hours before and he was not like this. Also he is lethargic and stopped swimming around and is laying on his side.
He is in qt with a Coral Beauty, she is perfectly fine. The tank is at a spg of .010 so placing him in the main is not an option.
well see how he looks in the AM.

Hopefully the epsom salts will clear it up in a day or two, but if not the only other thing I can think of is treating for an internal parasite.

I've never seen that much bloating before.

Atari said:
Hopefully the epsom salts will clear it up in a day or two, but if not the only other thing I can think of is treating for an internal parasite.

I've never seen that much bloating before.

Thanks, thats what I was thinking. BTW here is a before pic for comparison. This is weird.

Well, never mind. I just turned the lights on and he was dead. :( Did a big water change . The Coral Beauty seen fine.

Back
Top Bottom