What is this on live rock?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Im trying to loom on my phone so I can't see the picture very well but it may be apastia, sort of a nuisance anemone I think...

I don't think it's an anemone. Just looks like some webs I've had in my tanks before. I could never figure out where they came from.

It definately looks web-like... almost hairy. Is this something I should worry about or get rid of? I have never heard of vermatids. I am in the process of a fishless cycle with the live rock seeding coraline.

looks like a sponge of some sort to me. Google vermatids and see if you have them, they're really easy to spot, and cut your hand on! So be careful removing.

Been out of town for just over a week and came home to some definate changes. Not sure what some of them are. There are some white creatures crawling around on the live rock. I definately have some coraline growth (YEA!!!) and some things that look like hair (#1 and 3). I found several anemones I thought were aptasia (#2) and applied lemon juice to them, but they dont seem to be affected. Here is a pic:

The white things are apparently Stomatella Snails. I found a pretty big one and I also found 2 bristleworms.

Back
Top Bottom