Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 02-14-2015, 05:52 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
What is wrong with my fish?

I've had fish for 1 1/2 years, not sure if it was live caught or tank raised. The fish has been in the tank the entire 1 1/2 years. Tanks mates since Dec. 26 are porcupine puffer, lion fish, and cleaner wrasse. Fish bus not currently eating right now, just picks at sand every so often. Normally eats just a tropical fish flake food. Water parameters are pH: 8.2, ammonia: 0, nitrites: 0, nitrates: less than 20, and SG: 1.022. Fish had lost his bright colorness, no signs of any spots on him. Fins are looking a little bit ragged but I see no spots on them. I don't see any cuts on him, and I wouldn't otherwise question his eyes if I didn't already have concern that he isn't acting right. He doesn't seem to see food right in front of him, but I wouldn't describe his eyes as cloudy. I would say he is bumping around into rocks a little but it's almost like he's trying to eat something off the rock. He spends all his time in the two corners of the tank where the most LR is. I never qtined him in the beginning nor have I ever had a problem with him to have to. I have a 55 gal system with 50 lbs of Rock, live sand, fluval 306 canister filter, LED lighting, water changes 10 gallons close to every 2 weeks. Any ideas on what my original tank friend has got going on? Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423911064.906264.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	194.5 KB
ID:	264297

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Oceans n Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 09:59 AM   #2
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion
Red is usually a sign of either a bacterial infection or that the gills are being burned, which would indicate ammonia in the tank.
Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com