What is wrong with my fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oceans n Indy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've had fish for 1 1/2 years, not sure if it was live caught or tank raised. The fish has been in the tank the entire 1 1/2 years. Tanks mates since Dec. 26 are porcupine puffer, lion fish, and cleaner wrasse. Fish bus not currently eating right now, just picks at sand every so often. Normally eats just a tropical fish flake food. Water parameters are pH: 8.2, ammonia: 0, nitrites: 0, nitrates: less than 20, and SG: 1.022. Fish had lost his bright colorness, no signs of any spots on him. Fins are looking a little bit ragged but I see no spots on them. I don't see any cuts on him, and I wouldn't otherwise question his eyes if I didn't already have concern that he isn't acting right. He doesn't seem to see food right in front of him, but I wouldn't describe his eyes as cloudy. I would say he is bumping around into rocks a little but it's almost like he's trying to eat something off the rock. He spends all his time in the two corners of the tank where the most LR is. I never qtined him in the beginning nor have I ever had a problem with him to have to. I have a 55 gal system with 50 lbs of Rock, live sand, fluval 306 canister filter, LED lighting, water changes 10 gallons close to every 2 weeks. Any ideas on what my original tank friend has got going on? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423911064.906264.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom