What is wrong with this orange shoulder tang.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gafights

Aquarium Advice Activist
Black spots all over him. I was thinking black ich but not sure. Never seen it before. What do u guys think.

Attachments

• image-2796732576.jpg
    image-2796732576.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 222
I know Just can't figure it out. He is still eating. Nothing is attacking him. He is with a Japanese leopard shark White spotted bamboo shark. Coral catshark. Blue dot stingray. Blue jaw trigger. Yellow tang blue tang. Blonde Naso tang. Lion fish. Red stripe squirrel fish. Zebra eel. Blue tang one spot foxface. Bicolor fox face. Lunar wrasse. Axil wrasse. Sailfin tang. Sand star. African Red Sea star. Duncan corals. Mushroom corals. Sun coral. Gorgonian coral. 500lbs of live rock. 800lbs of live sand. 200 crabs and snails. Parameters are good. My nitrates are at 20 but stay there most of the time. Sometimes dropping around 5 maybe 10. But almost always in that range. Nothing else is having problems just him. I have had him for a month and he has been like this for three weeks now. Not sure what it is.

That looks like some type of bacterial infection. I would try to pull the fish out, put it in a QT tank and treat it with a gram-negative med like Maracyn 2.

Can't get him out. The tank is to big. I can't come close to grabbibing him. I think he is a gonner He is still eating but looks worse everyday.

Back
Top Bottom