What kind of coral is this and what should I do

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Otis

Aquarium Advice Newbie
a few days ago I bought 2 new corals. for some reason I did not ask what either of them were but the one looks fine and he other as retreated into its holes and wont come out. for a day or so I came in and but now stays inImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1474222295.172565.jpg

I have two power heads in diangnal corners and a sump with a skimmer in it. the temp is fine and all other levels are fine exept Nitrate is as 30. I dont have a carbon testing kit. Is that nessiary?

I did recently notice a TON of bristle worms and other tipes living in my refugarium. so I bought a bandid coral shrimp and I am feeding a lot less.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by a carbon testing kit.
The green coral there is a trumpet coral.
As for the other, it is hard to tell...is what is shown a mat where polyps are to come out? It is most likely a type of star polyp. Either way, I would give it time and if it doesn't adjust there move it to a different spot as soft corals and polyps have sometimes specific flow requirements.
With that said, make sure that you know what you are buying before you do it. It is all too common for spur of the moment purchases to occur for things that simply can't be kept alive in the person's system.
As for your bristle worms, they are good guys to have as part of your clean up crew. Having a ton of them or very large ones is an indication that you are feeding too much as you pointed out. There isn't a need to control them with livestock, they can do it on their own.

The pink coral is goniopora. Not really an easy coral to keep.

The pink coral is goniopora. Not really an easy coral to keep.

It seems to be comming out now. any advice to increase my slim chance of keeping it?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1474317762.740765.jpg

Back
Top Bottom