What small fish have the best personality?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Clownfish is not doing too well =( It is not getting better, not getting worse. I am still unable to tell if this could be marine Ich, or bacterial/fungal.

You could possibly drop a cleaner shrimp in there to help a little (not sure about compatibility with your other inhabitants) -- possibly some chemclean to help treat the bacteria (tho be careful with additives and your inverts).... given a larger tank I would say get an angel = anti-ich monster.

Give it some time. Possibly just stressed. G'luck.

The more I think about this, the more I think it is Marine Ich.

Would a Cleaner Shrimp actually do good enough to rid the fish of the Ich it currently has? I can get a Cleaner Shrimp if that would work. I wanted one anyway.

Can a fish be immune to Marine Ich? My Royal Gramma has nothing on it, it looks perfect...

My wife did tell me today that the Clown was swimming funny :(

Such a cute fish, I would hate to lose it.

A cleaner shrimp wont clear it up on its own (but it sure does help with the health of your fish). Excessively stable water environment, absence of stress, and it can clear up on its own. Ich tends to thrive in a poor environment, when fish are stressed (at least from my personal experience). If you were planning on getting a shrimp, no better time then now I guess. :)

As far as being immune, no. Just happens that your gramma is healthy, and stable. The royal gramma we got from PetCo died from stress and ich. :x

Right now, in the 125g tank, there are three yellow tangs (two added later) and they were all stressed and developed ich while everything else in the tank was healthy and fine.

Is your clown eating?

The environment is fairly stable, however the tank did go through some changes shortly after adding the fish. I am calling around now looking for a Cleaner Shrimp, I think every LFS around here is closed on Monday though.

I dunno, He could be stressed. You would think that you would see some ourward signs of the ich by now....

was the cycle done when you put him in?

was the cycle done when you put him in?

Yeah, the tank is 4 months old so it should be OK. I have had the clean up crew in the tank for over a month before adding the fish. I would put in some flakes or frozen about once every 10 days to keep the clean up crew alive and healthy. Weekly water changes, tests OK. The only thing bad that happened around the time that the fish went in is that I did not have a working skimmer for a few days (I switched to a Remora and it killed the skimmate production for almost a week when I did this, tank walls and gravel started getting nasty).

The Clown has one spot sort of under each eye, and one spot on a gill, did not get any worse visually from yesterday to today. Looks like it is swimming fine to me, not sure what my wife was talking about.

What can I do to help the Clown that I can apply to the whole tank? I have a 10g tank I can use for a QT if it starts to get bad, but since the Clown is not getting worse right now, I want to keep him in the familiar 15g tank instead of moving the fish again into an all new tank. Right now I have the tank at 79F, should I bump that up a bit?

all about the bicolor blenny, he sure is neat, in my tank he always is exploring new crevices in the rocks and find little perches in obscure places, very active and very interesting to watch

Back
Top Bottom