What to use for gill flukes?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishman007

Aquarium Advice Addict
Gill fluke treatment help!

Added a 1" starry blenny to my 20g 2 days ago and yesterday he started flashing a breathing rapidly, i moved him into my 10g QT this afternoon but it has already spred to one of my clowns, just the flashing that is. I got some garlic guard and fed the clowns it. They gobbled it up as usual but the blenny doesnt ever eat, ive tried Hikari brine shrimp, emerald entree, and seaweed sheets but he doesnt even take a look. I was thinking of FW dipping the clown and blenny, what do you guys think? Should i do anything to the RODI water? Besides heating it to the temp? The clown is still in the 20 with my other one and a big fat YWMG. No one else is showing any signs.

None of my 4 LFS have prozipro or and fluke treatment. I have copper treatments but that wont anything right?

No ones showing any signs of ich so im pretty sure it is flukes.

Thanks for any help!

I got a 1" starry blenny 3 days ago and turns out hes got gill flukes. Ive put him in my 10g QT as of yesterday. What should i use to treat him? My 4 lfs dont have any fluke treatments so is it somthing i could order? One lfs said to do a FW dip, how can i do that? Will it kill the flukes?

Thanks.

Coppersafe for gill fluke?

Need to treat my new starry blenny for gill flukes, can i use mardels coppersafe for this?

image-1498297424.jpg

I know cupramine kills flukes so coppersafe should since they are both copper medicines. And for a freshwater dip you make fresh rodi water and match temp. Ph should match too. Put the fish in freshwater if he lays on his side just tap him with the net or your finger to get him to swim. Leave him in there for 7 mins unless he's not responding to you touching him and doesn't move. If it's actually flukes you will see them start coming out of the scales and falling. They look like little clear sesame seeds

Sent from my HTC One using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom