What type of disease

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NONO-AMJ79

Aquarium Advice Regular
Greetings,
I just noticed one of my green chromis has some type of disease or injury. He has a blotchy section and in the center of it is red as if he were missing scales. The other side is also starting to show a white blotchy section. I've never seen any aggression. The only thing I think it resembles is Brooklynella. Any ideas or advice is appreciated. Is he too far gone to save?
65 gallon running for 2 years
pH - 8.0
Ammonia - 0
Nitrite - 0
Nitrate - 020180514_192332.jpg20180514_192412.jpg20180514_213127.jpg

What else is in the system? It looks more like an injury that would have come about from trying to dash in between rocks from a fight. I’d expect bullying behavior going on in the system.

I have 4 of the chromis, 1 engineer goby, 2 PJ Cardinals, 1 yellow tang, 1 six line wrasse, 1 reef hermit, 2 bumble bee snails, and 1 wild caught rock anemone.

Looks to be Hemorrhagic Septicemia (Red Pest) ?
Your tank parameters don't jive with this disease but the pictures do ?

That is a good amount of fish with some aggressive personalities. I’m still pointing at it being an abrasion from diving between rocks.
Chromis are supposedly peaceful reef fish...but somehow their numbers always dwindle down to one... and a wrasse and tang in a tank it’ll out grow in no time has created a setting for bullying, stress, and disease.

I agree with you on that. I'm getting a bigger tank, 120 gallons, in a few months. Hopefully they will be more comfortable

A good ways back I had a school of chromis and they looked good at the beginning but they would pick on each other till there was one left. They would have wounds like that.

Yeah, I've been observing them closely since this incident and there's that one chromis that is the self-proclaimed boss. He chases them quite a bit that one of them hides in the rocks most of the time. I would hate to get rid of the one or even let the situation continue, any advice on what to do?

Back
Top Bottom