Whats coming out of my anemone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoDrapes

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Does anyone know if the long filiment coming out of his mouth is waste or is he sick and dieing?
The tank is new, with all the rock and residents moved in from my old tank about 10 days ago. I'm running razor led lights, which I upgraded from t5s about a month ago. None of my nems have really settled yet and found happiness since the move. Water tests are good so far with minimal nitrites, nitrates, I'm using the same reef salt as always. Salinity is level at about 1.024.

Attachments

• image-1567450005.jpg
    image-1567450005.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 168
how long have you had the nem? i have had similar filaments out of my GBTA every now and then so for me it's a norm. it's a way that the nems excrete and go through their bodily functions. if your nem is grabbing onto the rock firmly, then i would say you're ok

He's looking good today... But my other mini maxi carpet is really looking bad now, shrunk and open mouth, lost all stickiness. I'm thinking I might loose him.

Minimal levels of nitrites? That isnt good......that could be the source of their issues.....

Watching pretty close, I actually think this mini maxi carpet might be splitting. I've never had a nem split before so I don't know what it looks like. I took a pic.

Attachments

• image-753705912.jpg
    image-753705912.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 71
Back
Top Bottom