What's on my pipe organ coral?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

royalturtle

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have had this coral frag for about two months now. It has been doing well, growing new polyps, open all day, etc. Yesterday I noticed some string white things among the polyps, but couldn't get a good look since they were open. This morning the coral has not opened yet, but you can see quite a bit of this straggly white stuff, as well as a now empty tube. What is this, and what can I do about it? Thank you!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    221.6 KB · Views: 126
Another picture - I swear whatever this is is growing in front of me. You can see here some white polyp-like protrusions; don't know if you can see this, but the protrusions each have one small bundle of thin, short, hair-like tentacles.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    257.2 KB · Views: 112
Thanks for the response! That makes sense, is there anything I can do about it? It's taking over the coral :/.

Take the coral out and scrub the sponge off gently with a toothbrush. It should come right off. Just make sure to do it gently so it doesn't harm the coral

Back
Top Bottom