Whats the best way to treat ICH!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mr.sneakysnacky

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have clownfishes that have ich right now and honestly I just want to cry because I am looking the BEST way to treat this ich?

what are also some great ways to treat ich preventative?

MUCH APPRECIATED! :fish2:

I am currently battling ich also, I know how you feel.
There are two ways that people treat for ich, dosing copper, or using the hypo salinity method. For the copper method, you will need a copper test kit, and be careful not to overdose. I hear the best way is to use the hypo method. In order to execute the hypo method, you will need to lower the salinity slightly over a set period of time.

Best of luck to you! :)

Red sea thank you so much for responding back! Honestly it really makes me sad to see these fish sick. its like my own babies are sick hahaha but...

Copper method? I have heard of this but I have no idea how to do it.

For the Hypo method, is that something I can do by just changing the salinity? is that all or is there more to it?

So far I am looking at the Garlic method. Where I crush up fresh garlic and mix it with my the fish food.

I'm also looking into some products such as:

- Hikari Prazipro
- Selcon
- Garlic extreme

any comment on this? or what I am doing?

Speaking from experience, go the hypo route. Yes it takes about 6-8 weeks to completely rid your tank of ich but its well worth it. Chems are just bad news. Not to mention using copper is the equivalent of dropping a nuclear bomb on your inverts... :) hypo all the way

so I am just a little confused, Do I need a seperate tank in order for this to work? so I get the idea that you want to keep the ph the same but I want to lower the salinity by 0.002 everyday until I hit 0.009 correct?

You want to place the fish into a spare tank and hypo it...leaving your display tank empty for 6-8 weeks. Ich is a parasite so without a host it'll die

gotchya. So what if I am trying to get these fishes into a bigger tank per say... How would that go about? cause I am going from a 10 gallon tank to a 29 gallon tank

mr.sneakysnacky said:
gotchya. So what if I am trying to get these fishes into a bigger tank per say... How would that go about? cause I am going from a 10 gallon tank to a 29 gallon tank

So are the clowns in a 10 right now and you're in the middle of upgrading to a 29 or are you talking "down the road?"

Then use your 10 as a quarantine tank and treat the clowns there with hypo salinity treatment while you're cycling the 29.

Back
Top Bottom