Whats Wrong with this fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

riptide

Aquarium Advice Regular
OK guys... Heres the tradgedy as it has unfolded... First my Yellow Eyed Tang gets "Ick" or something like it and dies overnight... I start treatment of the tank with Kick-Ick... Next to go is my Maroon Clown...Again within 12 hours of symptoms apearing... Now it would appear one of my Damsels is on its way out... Check out the photo.. Clouded Eyes... Skin irritation... 3 days worth of Kick and theres no stopping this plague... Its got to be something else...

Sorry to hear your bad news. I don't have any advice, but just wanted you to know I feel for you. It was just a month ago our whole tank crashed.

what have your water parameters been? seems to me like something may be way off, Ph or Ammonia perhaps. Give your tank a full test and let us know.

(going to move this to the sick fish forum for proper exposure)

Evrything is fine Ammonia-0, Nitrite-0, Nitrate-0, PH-8.2, Temp-79, SG-1.022..... Its got to be some kind of communicable pathogen.... The fish are going one by one.... No effect on Star Polyps, Mushrooms, Crabs, Snails.... Just fish one at a time... I did a 50% water change just to be sure I wasnt missing something... I will continue with Kick-Ick... and ride it out I guess...

Ick will not kill that fast, is there any sloughing of the slime coating or skin? Almost looks like brooklynella.

On the Clown... The slime sheeted off like dead skin.... I was thinking it may be the brooklynella.... Is there any treatment....? Or am I going to have 6-8 weeks of down time before the spores die?

riptide said:
Is there any treatment....? Or am I going to have 6-8 weeks of down time before the spores die?
Hyposalinity in a seperate QT is the only hope at this point. The tank should remain fallow for abot 4-6 weeks while all the fish remaining are treated.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom