When to move my blenny from QT?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EBR

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi Everyone --

For backgorund, see this thread:
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=44462&highlight=

Update: I suppose that the royal gramma got more thrown at it than it could handle, and died today. But the lawnmower blenny I got at the same time (and from the same tank at the LFS), seems to be doing swimmingly. At least, I don't see any spots like those that developed on the gramma, and he is moving around just fine.

Since he's been in QT for a week, yet has gone through the same stresses, how much longer should I leave him in there to be sure he won'y infect the main tank? He's looking pretty lonely ;-)

As usual, many thanks.
Matt

PS -- Oh, and I got a better filter for the QT, to replace the lightweight, suction-cup-failing POS I bubble filter I have now. Definitely want to hedge my bet when I get that $50 flame angel next time around ;-)

Matt,

The best advice I ever got was right here on AA and it's "Nothing GOOD ever happens quickly in a marine aquarium".

Give your fish the fulll 4 week QT starting now. Keep checking your water parameters and you should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom