Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 02-26-2005, 07:49 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Where can I buy fish online?

I was looking at liveaquaria.com but I also wanted to know if there were any other reputable online fish stores?

pittchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 07:56 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus
Send a message via Yahoo to Devilishturtles

I have heard nothing but good about them.

Live in the Western MD/West Virginia/DC Metro Area?
Join our very active regional forum Here

Like the advice someone just gave you? Add to their reputation! Click on the balance icon underneath their username and let them know.
Devilishturtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 06:56 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular
I bought 2 percs from saltwaterfish.com, one was good and healty, but the other was sick and it had 3/4 of its dorsal fin, or top fin, missing. He is still alive though and is really healthy but I personally would never go back to saltwaterfish.com.
125 gal
180 lbs lr
30 gal sump/ refugium
3x 150w metal halide/2x39w and 2x24w t5 actinic
lbaier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 07:13 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak
Nothing but great luck from saltwaterfish.com here! 2 fish and 72 assorted inverts to Maine in 5-10F temperatures...and not a dead item in the lot. Box was still warm when I opened it!

90 Gallon Fresh Water Planted w/ CO2:
7 Brilliant Rasbora, 6 Harlequin Rasboras, 3 Dwarf Neon Rainbows, 1 Red Tailed Shark, 2 American Flag Fish, 4 Skunk Botia Loaches

40 Gallon Breeder Salt Water: 4 inch DSB (2/3 Agaramax & 1/3 Sea Flor), Bak Pak 2R Skimmer w/ BBX, 2 x JBJ PHs, Coralife Lunar Aqualight (2x96w), 30lb Base Rock and 40lbs of Live Rock.
Inhabitants: Purple Firefish, Pygmy Angel, Lawmower Blenny, 2 Cleaner Shrimp, 1 Peppermint Shrimp, Pistol Shrimp(HH), 1 Emerald Crabs, 3 Porcelin Crabs(HH), varying amounts and varieties of hermit and snails.

3 Gallon Eclipse:
1 Goldfish (won free at a fair...cost $50 in equipment)
WhiteCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 07:13 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict
Don't forget to check out some of our sponsors here at AA.
Some people are like slinkies...they serve no real purpose yet can still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!:p
Have a great day! Brian
lando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 10:10 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Regular
LiveAquaria has been a bit of a challenge to deal with. We wanted one specific fish from them (a white cheek tang). We got an email from them saying it was in stock so we ordered it and figured we'd order a couple of other things while we were at it. The day the order shipped we got a shipping confirmation with a note saying that some items weren't in stock and will be backordered. Of course, one of the items was the tang! We called them to complain and got a bunch of lame platitudes. We were basically told that when our items were ready they would just ship and we'd have to be home to receive them.

We have gotten one of the corals that didn't ship originally, but still no tang. Also, we ordered 3 trimma gobies, two of which came in dead. We ordered two sexy shrimp, one of which died the second day. We ordered an alveopora and received a goniopora! We called and complained and got credit for the dead fish and shrimp, a $10 gift certificate and they will send the alveo when they get one.

They tried their best to make good on everything, but I don't think I'd deal with them again. (Sorry for being so long winded!)
"Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I apologize if my last remarks sounded condescending . . . that means when you talk down to people."
120g RR, 65g HOB and 10g sump, 150g frag tank, 100g sump. Highlights of live stock: Golden Moray eel, 2 purple tangs, 2 yellow tangs, 1 large copperband, 4 GSM's, dragon wrasse, barnacle blenny, 2 pajama cards, 3 green chromis and a dynamic assortment of soft & LPS corals.
JohnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 10:15 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Freak
I've enjoyed dealing with www.thatpetplace.com, and their packaging was very good. But I've only ordered snails, hermits, peppermints, and featherdusters from them, no fish.
copi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 10:55 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Newbie
where to buy

i wonder if the problem with liveaquaria is an isolated incident... i have ordered rock, inverts, and corals from them a few times, and have nothing but good things to say about liveaquaria. i have also ordered from saltwater fish with good results. the only exception is a hammer coral that was dead when i got it, and the replacement was near die off too.

laki is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com