Where can I buy fish online?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pittchic

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I was looking at liveaquaria.com but I also wanted to know if there were any other reputable online fish stores?

I bought 2 percs from saltwaterfish.com, one was good and healty, but the other was sick and it had 3/4 of its dorsal fin, or top fin, missing. He is still alive though and is really healthy but I personally would never go back to saltwaterfish.com.

Nothing but great luck from saltwaterfish.com here! 2 fish and 72 assorted inverts to Maine in 5-10F temperatures...and not a dead item in the lot. Box was still warm when I opened it!

WC

LiveAquaria has been a bit of a challenge to deal with. We wanted one specific fish from them (a white cheek tang). We got an email from them saying it was in stock so we ordered it and figured we'd order a couple of other things while we were at it. The day the order shipped we got a shipping confirmation with a note saying that some items weren't in stock and will be backordered. Of course, one of the items was the tang! We called them to complain and got a bunch of lame platitudes. We were basically told that when our items were ready they would just ship and we'd have to be home to receive them.

We have gotten one of the corals that didn't ship originally, but still no tang. Also, we ordered 3 trimma gobies, two of which came in dead. We ordered two sexy shrimp, one of which died the second day. We ordered an alveopora and received a goniopora! We called and complained and got credit for the dead fish and shrimp, a $10 gift certificate and they will send the alveo when they get one.

They tried their best to make good on everything, but I don't think I'd deal with them again. (Sorry for being so long winded!)

where to buy

i wonder if the problem with liveaquaria is an isolated incident... i have ordered rock, inverts, and corals from them a few times, and have nothing but good things to say about liveaquaria. i have also ordered from saltwater fish with good results. the only exception is a hammer coral that was dead when i got it, and the replacement was near die off too.

Back
Top Bottom