Where do fish go when they die?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ralphiedoodle

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a relatively community tank, I have had only 3 fish die since setting up my 125 a year and a half ago. However I have only found 1 out of the 3 dead fish, they just disappear? Where do they go? I have lost a purplefirefish, a pacific blue or engineer goby, and a six line wrasse. I think I know why all 3 died I just cant figure out where they remain. Also, when a fish dies is there action needed to protect the tank? Thanks!

The clean up crew usually will do thier job and clean them up. Some fish jump and the family animal gets the, others jump and you find them later. Sometimes they get sucked up in a filter or other piece of equipment.
As for getting rid of them, it depends on what kind of fish you are talking about and what type of CUC you have.

I have a relatively community tank, I have had only 3 fish die since setting up my 125 a year and a half ago. However I have only found 1 out of the 3 dead fish, they just disappear? Where do they go? I have lost a purplefirefish, a pacific blue or engineer goby, and a six line wrasse. I think I know why all 3 died I just cant figure out where they remain. Also, when a fish dies is there action needed to protect the tank? Thanks!

Dead fish could be eaten by other inhabitants of the tank (e. g. snails).

I appreciate the responses. I made an unwise decision, partially not my fault but either way. I think a test and change is in order for tonight. Thanks everybody!

Back
Top Bottom