Where to move them?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xanth

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Where to move them?

I am having numerous problems with my saltwater aquariums

Biggest problem

I had a pink pulsing xenia with several 3 inch stalks with a dozen pulsing arms and even more small arms growing off the base of stalks it looked awesome

Looked

Now it is one 10th the size it is a dull gray and it has the texture of a raisin. It is still alive I think the arms retract and open and respond limply to light. I had thought snails, or hermit crabs were attacking it so I removed the offenders. After trying to research the problem on wet web media I looked up to see my blenny chomping near or at the xenia
Do they eat xenia?

Could the problem be something else

Second problem -- I may have and ich problem

Display tank 90 gallon, 3 poweheads, 520 watts pc light, prism protein skimmer, bio wheel, 3 power heads, and two heaters this may have ick (se below) fox face lo, sail fin blenny, sail fin tang, one tiny clown fish small cleaners 10 snails and 10 crabs xenia with problems and 2 feather duster worms

Quarrying tank is housing a damsel that will kill everything has pop eye but otherwise healthy-- he is in a plastic reptile box with extra sponge filter. Also in the tank is a 6 line wrasse with a lymphocytes, cauliflower, he acquired during shipping , survived being sucked into a prism protein skimmer, and he also has ich, white spots, he resided in main tank before I saw the white spots and put him into qt
And there are 8 cleaner hermits

Standard nano 24 watts f light 12 gallon tank with 6 lbs of lr, 6 cleaner crabs or snails hawkish the only one who could put up with the damsel

Should I move xenia to nano? Enough light?
How do I treat ich with crabs in qt tank do I move them?

Ich does not host inverts. You can probably put them back in your main. I'm not sure about corals, and what eats them, hopefully someone will be along to help.
As for the ich, you will need to treat all fish in the QT and leave the main fishless for at least 6-8 (8 is more on the safe side), to break the cycle of ich.

I really doubt the blenny is harming the xenya, more likely eating the film algae on the rock around it. Xenya is a sensitive coral. When it does well, it does VERY well but, it has to have perfect conditions for it to be happy or it crashes quick. Sounds to me like something is irritating it or that it is dying. What else is in the tank? What are you water parameters?
There is an article posted in the articles section on how to treat ich that may help you.

Back
Top Bottom