Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-31-2009, 10:04 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to abrahamavelar Send a message via Yahoo to abrahamavelar
white and black ich!!!!!

today after i did my pwc i noticed that my yellow tang has some little black spots on it, but it seemed to be fine, so i didnt really mind it cuz i taught it might be some sand. a few hours later i went and checked upon it and i noticed that it had a few more and that some of my other fish had the black spots too (clowns) and that my other fish had white spots so i knew that was ich but they dont seem to be scratching, i think its because it just started. so im actually on my way to buy a nother tank because i cracked my qt yesterday, what should i add to it, sand? lr? pvc pipes? or nothing?

Old 11-01-2009, 09:30 AM   #2
SW 20 & Over Club

Send a message via ICQ to ccCapt
For a qt tank, only water and some pvc pipe. Do you have any filter media or sponges in your main tank? If so, you can use them in a HOB filter on the qt.

Check out The build project
ccCapt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 01:00 PM   #3
SW REEF 18+ YEARS
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrahamavelar View Post
: what should i add to it, sand? lr? pvc pipes? or nothing?
http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/20...ture/index.php

SITE ADMINISTRATOR

You can view many of my fish and corals in my photo albums in my profile.

View my tank

AA Community Rules|AA TOS

Forums 101 - posting, accounts, basics
melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 06:01 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to abrahamavelar Send a message via Yahoo to abrahamavelar
thanks also what ive done on my dt is i did hundred percent water change well actually im in the process of it just waitin for the ro di water. Also i used some of the main tank water in some buckets so my lr dont die and also in other containeri put in my coral wit the lights on and for medication i used quick cure ich or somethin like that made by api ill post some pics as soon as get home
Old 11-01-2009, 07:50 PM   #5
SW REEF 18+ YEARS
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award

Your choice of medication was not a good one. Those snake oils dont work IMO. It looks like you did a 100% water change in your main tank? I would not do more than 50% of a PWC. Read these articles so you can better understand the parasite and how to treat it. You might want to really consider some of the good advice that several folks have given you. I`ve watched alot of your threads lately and I`m not seeing that you are. JMO

Marine Ich/Cryptocaryon irritans - A Discussion of this Parasite and the Treatment Options Available, Part I by Steven Pro - Reefkeeping.com

Marine Ich/Cryptocaryon irritans - A Discussion of this Parasite and the Treatment Options Available, Part II by Steven Pro - Reefkeeping.com

ATJ's Marine Aquarium Site - Reference - Hyposalinity Treatment

Marine Fish Diseases and Parasites

SITE ADMINISTRATOR

View my tank

Old 11-02-2009, 02:18 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

thanks for your help, ive been looking for copper treatments but i havent been able to find it ive gone to 5 or 6 different lfs and they all have told me to use either melafix or pimafis so the only one that i have fouls is the powder api quick ich cure or the kent liquid ich cure and i set my qt tank with only a few pvc fittings, also when i was moving my lr and coral i found two baby fish hey are really small, also i know that after they get healed they have to be for atleast one month in the qt they do i add them slowly or all at once
Old 11-02-2009, 11:42 AM   #7
SW REEF 18+ YEARS
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award

I dont know why they would suggest melafix and pimafix. They are for bacterial (melafix) and fungal (pimafix) problems. Neither are for parasites. I would suggest Hypo or copper with hypo being the main.

SITE ADMINISTRATOR

View my tank

Old 11-02-2009, 02:17 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

i know this is a dumb question but should i still treat the fish that doesnt have ich even if the ones that had it died??????
Old 11-02-2009, 07:47 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Activist

yes you have to treat them in order to make sure that you got rid of the parasite.
Old 11-02-2009, 07:50 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict

oh ok cool thanks, do corals get ich too

Tags
black ich, ich

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com