Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-18-2004, 04:00 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to dustybrannum Send a message via MSN to dustybrannum Send a message via Yahoo to dustybrannum
White ?fungus? on fin

My angel has a white looking fungal growth on her fin. closest thing i can find is it is a viral infection and there is no cure. they suggest trimming that part of the fin off. it does not bother her any as she goes about just like normal. the picture is in my gallery. http://www.aquariumadvice.com/photop...php?photo=5590

Old 10-18-2004, 07:00 PM   #2
steve-s

Could be fungal or possibley lympho. In either case the best treatment is being sure of the highest water quality and that all foods are fortified with a good marine liquid vitamin high in [acronym="Highly Unsaturated Fatty Acid"]HUFA[/acronym]. A few good water changes with well aged SW will reduce any DOC in the system feeding the problem and the vitamin will boost the immune system of the fish allowing it to fight the problem naturally. Ocean nutrition brand Formula 1,2 or Prime reef foods would be a good option to add in the mix.

After a short time you should see a reduction in size if you continue to make sure the water changes and feedings are maintained. If a true fungus, you may end up needing to treat in a QT tank with an antibiotic but I would do that as a last step if there is no improvement.

Cheers
Steve
Old 10-18-2004, 10:05 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to dustybrannum Send a message via MSN to dustybrannum Send a message via Yahoo to dustybrannum
ok I use the formula 2 food already, and will increase my water changes. all my readings are good
nh3: 0
no2: 0
no3: 0
ca: 340 a little low but i question my test kit on this
alk: 2.8
kh: 8
po4: 0
ph 8.3

Tags
fin, fungus

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com