White ich! Help plz

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DeathclawRowe1

Aquarium Advice Freak
My clown fish pair have ick along with my baby pj cardinal. They are in a small 5 gallon because I am waiting to transfer them to my 29 biocube. So how do I treat saltwater ich? I prefer not to use Kordons ich attack if possible, and also if I dip my hand in my saltwater tank and then into my freshwater tank will the ich transfer from SW to FW??? Does my 5 gallon reef need a heater to prevent ich?

Wow...three fish in a 5g tank...they are probably very stressed, which lowers immunity, which open fish up to stuff like this. I would get them into a larger tank ASAP.

If you look through other Ich posts, this topic of how to treat Ich properly has been discussed almost daily. There will be links and lots of info.

The short answer is that only copper or Hyposalinity will kill Ich on the fish. That should happen in a QT and the DT should be left fallow for two months to let the Ich that is in there to die off due to not having a host. You can not do either in a reef tank.

Welcome to the battle, im treating with Cupramine by Seachem, it works very well and is different from other copper based medicine!
And about you ich going from salt to freshwater, it won't happen. Marine ick is a different parasite from freshwater ick, you can actually kill MR ick buy dipping into freshwater but is very stressful for the fish and don't recommend you do it

Back
Top Bottom