White spongy gew around stony coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jason1985

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm not too sure what issue I'm having in my tank but all of my stony coral like Hammer Coral and Frog spawn's have a white type sponge around the skeleton. It covers the whole skeleton BUT the sponge is not on the coral heads that were already dead... Like on my branching frog spawn I have 12 heads and 2 dead heads.. All of the 12 good heads have the white sponge around the hard stony part but the two dead heads have nothing.

When I touch the white stuff it feels gewy and spongy

I wish I had a picture with me but I might need to post one later tonight.

Any help.

If its a white border, between the polyps and the skeleton, that is a normal part of the coral. That's why the dead heads don't have it.

If its a white border, between the polyps and the skeleton, that is a normal part of the coral. That's why the dead heads don't have it.

It covers the skeleton from the base to the tip of the tip where the polyps come out.

When I get home later tonight I will post a picture. And this is on all of my stony coral even my mushroom rocks

It sounds normal for a Hammer or a Frogspawn, but def not for mushrooms. A pic would help a lot. 'till later. :)

I had a white sponge like thing growing through out zoas
it was like smothering them
I pulled it out now there doing great

Back
Top Bottom