White Spot, bumps and hole in Flame Angel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Caseman68

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello all. Long time reader first time poster. :)

I bought a small Flame Angel from my LFS last week and about 2 days after I had it I noticed a large white spot on its tail. I did research and diagnosed it was Lymphocytosis so the only treatments I made was to soak his food in garlic. A few days later there is a small hole in his tail (definitely not from the puffer) and today I noticed bumps on his side. Now I am second guessing my diagnosis and really worried about this little guy. He still has his bright coloring and swims along fine. He is constantly picking at the live rock eating. Can someone please offer a second opinion.

My water parameters are all great. I have an RO/DI system and do a 20% water change every Friday as well as test my parameters. Probably overkill since my 75 Gallon tank only has 5 small fish in it.

Trying to add picture.

TANK INFO
75 G
77 F Temp.
1.025 Salinity
Reef Octopus BH1000 Skimmer
Koralia Magnum 7 Power Head X2

TANK MATES
Fairy Wrasse
Figure 8 Puffer
Dalmation Mollies X 2
Purple Reef Lobster
Banded Coral Shrimp
Condi Anemone
Chocolate Chip Sea Star

Attachments

• flame angel sick (2).JPG
    flame angel sick (2).JPG
    107.1 KB · Views: 707
Are you 100% sure its not the puffer? I've never owned one, but have heard that the leave holes in tankmates fins if they can get a bite. Maybe the lobster?

My puffer would have been my first thought but he is super small and I can't even see how he would get his beak into that part of the tail or the side of the Flame Angel. He is not even big enough to eat snails yet. I usually squish them for him first. The lobster doesnt mess with any of the fish either. I watch my aquarim alot at night and I have seen him creep around a little but he never goes far from his cave and he doesnt even pay attention to the fish. I see them swim through it all the time. The reason I think it is some kind of sickness it is started as a white dot on his tail and got bigger, then a hole appeared. Then a few days later bumps on the side. Thanks for replying though.

Back
Top Bottom