White spot killed clown

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tbrock

Aquarium Advice Activist
I got two false percula clownfish yesterday and one of them died within three hours of being added to the tank. right when i put him in, his body looked stiff and he just started sinking like he was dead, but then he started swimming. both of them hovered over the sand bed, and the one who had looked like he was dead wasnt looking to well. i noticed a real light white round spot on one of his fins, and im guessing thats why he died. im pretty sure it wasnt ick, the spot was too big. does anyone know what it could have been?

I dont know if thats enough information to really say it was the "white spot" that killed him. First lets hear how your water conditions are ph, amonia, nitrate? And also how did you acclimate these two fish?

I didnt mean i was sure thats what killed him, thats just what i guessed. ammonia, nitrites, and nitrates are zero and ph is 8.2 i drip acclimated both fish for a little over an hour.

Sounds like shock (Maybe due to water condition) that caused him to die that instant if he was fine prior to placing him in the tank.

Often when shocked they will lose color in patches or all over.

Sorry about the loss.

Warmly,
Kimberly

Back
Top Bottom