White spot on Clownfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

la9

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
There is a white spot on the tail of my clownfish. Was going to treat it for fungus infection but read this is rare in marine fish. So know I don't know how to treat it.

I can't find a description of anything else it could be because it is only one white dot the size of a pen tip on his tail. The rest of his body looks fine and unaffected.

He is a new fish and it took me a week or so to get him to eat and I still have to hand feed him to eat for some reason. His appetite is back and he is having no other problems.

He eats and swims, good coloration, no other problems or symptoms just the dot.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Could be the beginning stage of Ich. It usually starts with on spot on the tail. Then it will all of a sudden disappear and you will see more spots in a few days. That’s how the parasite carries out it’s life cycle. It feeds off the fish then drops to the bottom and multiple. You have to monitor the fish very carefully over the next few days to ensure that it is ich. 9 times out of 10 it usually is. Do you have a qt ready to treat? Are you familiar with the options of treating this parasite? Please see the thread Before posting about sick fish, please read!! And provide more information.

Back
Top Bottom