Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-27-2005, 11:24 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to thanew
white spot on clownfish

ok, my true perc has two white spots on him... it doesn't look like ich.. atleast not imo... i mean hes had it for a few weeks, i thought it was maybe some dead skin or something...

it has some texture, its almost like two white bumps, it sticks out more than any of the ich ive seen...

is this anemonefish disease or something else, it seems perfectly fine, really happy, a lot of energy so I don't know if its even sick...

thanks,

thane

-1 Blue peacock
-1 Syno Cat
thanew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 10:04 AM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
Can you get a photo? Its possible its just a few damaged scales from banging up aganst a rock.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 06:35 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

a photo whould be nice yes, but my 2 O.clowns had somthing like that (looks like a grain of pure white sand or somthing?). First it was only on one of them, on its tail, and then on the other one, on the side of its body under the fin so i thought "aww crap!" 8O

but after a few days the 2nd fish to get it didn't have that spot anymore and the one on the tail of the first isn't nearly as big, so ya, doesn't seem to have ever bothered the fish.
Old 03-28-2005, 06:41 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Regular

I had something like that on one of my damsels...after a few weeks it was gone and no other fish was bothered by it...Id let it go for a few days and see what happens
Old 03-28-2005, 09:54 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to thanew
well you see its been awhile... almost a few weeks... if damaged, and most likely dead, would a cleaner shrimp help it ?
-1 Blue peacock
-1 Syno Cat
thanew is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clown, clownfish, spot, white spot

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com