What I'm seeing is 1 white spot on 2 different P.J. Cardinals, but only on their left eyes, and their right eyes are clear. There is one other P.J. cardinal in the tank, and that one's eyes are both clear, and no white spots on their bodies.
Other info: We lost a lawnmower blenny last night - no external symptoms with him in the beginning other than not eating for a couple of days (he was eating a variety of frozen foods, flakes, and pellets from the beginning). Last night I saw him lying in one corner, gills pumping, swollen belly - QT last night in a 10 gal. and began treating with Life Guard medicine, but he's dead this morning. It's been a very healthy tank from the start - 2 yrs. ago and I do regular weekly 8 gal. water changes.
I've only been 2 yrs. keeping SW
fish and corals. I'm not sure what this could be and how to go about treating it or knowing if it will spread to other fish. I appreciate any help.
1. How long have you had the fish? 2 yrs
Do you know if it was wild caught, or tank raised? tank raised
2. How long has the fish been in the tank? 2 yrs.
What are the tank mates? ocellaris clowns, yasha hase goby, lawnmower blenny (now dead), cleaner shrimp, pistol shrimp, scarlet reef hermit, snails cuc
Any aggression? Not really, sometimes they'll chase eachother around; but no real aggression
3. Is the fish eating? Yes
If so what does it eat? I feed a varied diet of frozen and dry foods.
frozen foods: brine shrimp, blood worms, cyclops, plankton, marine quisine, mysis shrimp
dry foods: New Life Spectrum pellets, and Ocean Nutrition Formula Two flakes
4. What are the water parameters? pH, 8.0
nitrate, 0 (undectable)
(actual numbers please: posting high, average or normal is not helpful) What saltwater test kit are you using? API liquid
5. Is the fish showing any physical signs of disease, grain of salt size spots, discoloration, ragged fins, misting or spots on the fins, cuts, cloudy eyes, etc? The only thing that I see is 1 white spot in the center on one eye on 2 different P.J. Cardinals
6. Is the fish "flashing" (scratching or rubbing on rocks, decorations or substrate)? No
7. How is the fish acting? Is it swimming around, or just hovering in one spot or corner of the tank? Swimming fine, but they tend to hover in one spot sometimes, mostly at night
8. Did you use quarantine? No yet
If so for how long and did you have a need to treat for any ailments? Is it in qt now? Are you currently treating with any medication(s)? We do have a 10 gal. set up for QT and have Life Guard medicine on hand
9. Describe in detail how the fish was acclimated. very slowly, 2 hr. drip, 2 yrs. ago
10. What size system? 38 gallon
What type of filtration do you use? Fluval canister filter with Chemi Pure Elite, Purigen, and LR rubble
Do you have any live rock or sand? Yes, both
11. Do you use any additives? No, just Instant Ocean Reef Crystals during water changes
Have you used any sort of meds in the main