Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-30-2005, 08:25 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Regular

his eatn food again i geus just had 2 wait it out his a lot more active these days aswell all my fish r back in there with him but im still not sure why he didnt eat 4 the 7 weeks i dont think it was stress cause when i moved it didnt bother him at all do they hibernate in the colder weather or 4 small periods

4ft tank 45kg LR- corals-torch coral,button corals,6 fuzzy mushrooms,18 mushrooms,toadstool,platecoral,golf-ball, cricket-ball,sponge and a few trees.fish-snowflake eel,blue-tang,chromie,halchoeres chrysus(banana-wrasse),2 gobies.inverts-2 stars,2 hermit-crabs,anemone-shrimp and a few snails
jayfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 12:18 PM   #12
steve-s

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayfish
do they hibernate in the colder weather or 4 small periods
They are not snakes and they do not have a "winter" season in the wild. Temps are pretty consistant year round albeit they do drop a little but still remain in the high 78-80¬į range. Stress however is definately a factor, not sure why you dismiss it so easily.

Good to hear it's eating again though...

Cheers
Steve
Old 09-01-2005, 07:12 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Regular

his apetite came back after5 half weeks then 2 weeks lter i had 2 move and did all over again even had 2 move him and it did not strees him strange creaters but im glad his still alive and eat'n again and is more active he does laps of my tank every evening
4ft tank 45kg LR- corals-torch coral,button corals,6 fuzzy mushrooms,18 mushrooms,toadstool,platecoral,golf-ball, cricket-ball,sponge and a few trees.fish-snowflake eel,blue-tang,chromie,halchoeres chrysus(banana-wrasse),2 gobies.inverts-2 stars,2 hermit-crabs,anemone-shrimp and a few snails
Old 09-14-2005, 06:23 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Regular

he eats 2 pealed king prawns a day thanks 4 your help still wont eat live food not even shrimp
Old 09-14-2005, 03:27 PM   #15
steve-s

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayfish
still wont eat live food not even shrimp
Nothing wrong with that, in fact they are better off without it. Just be sure you try to vary the types of foods if possible. Keep trying different things. You want to make sure the diet is well balanced. Remember even though they are carnivors, they still need vegetable matter. Normally this would be achieved through what they eat, ie in the belly of the creature eaten. It's not always an easily accomplished task but worth trying.

Cheers
Steve
Old 09-28-2005, 06:02 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice Regular

i hav been trying lots of different live food like yabies and 4 different types of shrimps but he did hav 1 of my hermits in his mouth didnt eat or kill in the end plus every time he doesnt eat 1 of the shrimp i find it anoying my corals so geuss how much fun it is catching them ive also tried multiple fresh and frozen food the only thing he takes is fresh green peeled prawns so i guess thats all he gets unlees i find sum small crabs maybe i should visit sum rock pools but i dont think thats a good idea what do reckon about this thanks
p.s at least my sons trigger enjoys the live foods i shall get him somthing accassionally
Old 10-06-2005, 09:27 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice Regular

i finally got him 2 take sum fish ( fresh snapper) brouht it whole cut of a chunk s droped it in with a prawn he took it before the prawn twice now so he has a new diet
Old 10-06-2005, 11:26 AM   #18
steve-s

Good stuff, just be sure you add some vitamins to it at least once a week. Wouldn't hurt to try hiding a pea or other green vegetable matter inside the fish flesh.

Cheers
Steve
Old 10-13-2005, 07:06 AM   #19
Aquarium Advice Regular

i tried ading garlic more then once but he cums out sniffs the food and goes away he just dont like it i will try the green vegi thing and get back
thanks again
Old 10-13-2005, 08:09 PM   #20
steve-s

Actually I'm not suprised on the garlic. I never had much luck either. Anything with a strong odor or that masks the natural scent of the food will typically get ignored. Don't forget eyesight is one thing these guys don't rely on. Try Zoe or Vita Chem.

Cheers
Steve

Tags
spot, white spot

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com