white spots

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

farmz

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ive noticed on a few of my fish there are few white spots so i did some reseacrh and found it was a itch 2 of the fish have since died but im worried about the other 3 , in the tank is about 30 kilo live rock and sand substrate and just a few fish
ive bought a little qt tank but not sure on the setting up and if i should put all fish in there
plus what do i do with the main tank for the time been .

My Tank at the moment has only 2 damselz left in it along with 30 kilo of live rock thankfully i havnt added and corals as yet , can i start treating the tank with copper or will that kill of the live rock if now what options have i got ive tried taking out the fish but its been near impossible unless i remove all the rocks so they cant hide . thanx

Heat in SW doesn't work as well, if at all, unless you add more phs for super O2 exchange.
If you use copper in your main tank, you will not be able to add corals or inverts.
The copper will be absorbed by just about anything in your tank, sand rock, silicone, phs, plastic and will leach back out.
Your best bet is hyposalinity with a refractometer in a QT.
Can you get a pic?
Take a look at the link Fluff posted, that will help you tons.

Last edited:
Please read the article that Fluff posted and especially the first link at the bottom of that article. That leads you to the page on doing the Hyposalinity cure.

Even if you have to temporarily remove the rock to get the fish out, DO IT! You must treat the fish in a QT tank AND the display must remain fishless for 8 weeks. That is the only to beat Ich. Copper will ruin the tank for inverts and corals as has been stated.

Back
Top Bottom