White spots on my butterfly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SaltwaterTeen

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My butterfly I had for a while now has some sort of parasite. The butterfly is breathing heavily, and stands laying in one spot. What can I do that will get rid of it and be able to keep my corals??? :cry:

Well teen, you need to get a qt tank set up and move all the fish to it. You can then treat them with hyposalinity. Don't know the size of you fish, but it looks like you could get away with a 30 gallon qt tank with frequent water changes.
here is an article that can help.
http://www.petsforum.com/personal/trevor-jones/hyposalinity.html
You can leave all the corals and inverts in the main, but you need to leave it fishless for a period of 6 weeks to allow the parasites to co though their life cycle and die off.
Keep us posted.

The others arent effected, but the bfly died, it wasnt reef safe anyways, and before we would start into corals, we wouldve gave him away. :roll:

well, they aren't ettected yet, but there is a very good chance that they will be in the coming weeks if its in your system. Keep an eye on them.
I will keep my fingers crossed. :|

Back
Top Bottom