White spots on Red Shrooms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

baily2000

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My red mushrooms have white spots on them. They appeared about 5 weeks ago and look almost like ick type spots, but a bit larger. Any thoughts, diagnosis, or suggestions.

Thanks...Bill

Corals as far as I know do not carry ick but is there a way you can get a pic? Could just be sand or air bubbles. Can you take your hand and create some current and they blow away? Just some guesses.

I know it's not ick, I was just saying that it "looks" ick like. The spots are imbedded on the shroom and not sand. But thanks for the reply. I will try to get a pic posted. Anybody else with a diagnosis?

thanks all

I found that "white pox" link very interesting Micah- just added it my favorites. Thanks heh. I'm going to have trouble just disagreeing w/ you b/c of that avatar :p . It must be hard to say no to her :lol:

Sorry I can't really help Baily2000. What are your water parameters? (temperature, SG, ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, Ca, Alk, and PH). FWIW low Alk or Alk fluctuations can cause issues w/ coral tissue necrosing, etc.

Back
Top Bottom