Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 01-31-2012, 10:57 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak
White worms in plate coral??

(not really sure if this should be in ID or disease)

I noticed a small white squiggly on the tip of one of the tentacles of my plate coral. After further inspection, I noticed that the squiggly moved a bit and some of the other tentacles looked, well, pregnant and that shadows of white squiggles could be seen inside then. I assume these are some type of pest, so I dipped the coral in Coral Rx and now the squiggly looks dead, several more are visible and some of the tentacles look very deflated. I'm wondering if somebody knows what these squiggles are and what else I need to do to avoid a pest outbreak. Pix attached. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2742063455.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	74273  

TeamTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 06:55 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to catmel
Its really hard to see.. the only worms that I know of in a SW tank are fireworms (normal) and flat worms ( not good).. flatworms are generally very small, white and well... flat. They can grow out of control pretty quick. I know theres a product out there called flatworm eXit that ive heard works well.

Its so hard to tell from this pic, though
75 Gallon Saltwater Reef

Just your average LVT (licenced vet tech) trying to help the world's animals!!
- Melinda
catmel is offline   Reply With Quote

coral, worms

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com