Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-22-2005, 10:24 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Regular

There was no bloating or stringy feces. The pectoral fin I think might be something to do with the light. The wrasse shows no problems at all. It is eating well swimming all over the place and seems to be very alert. I attached another picture. Although, blurry it shows the spots. I don't think the clowns belly was sunken in.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dscn2390-1.jpg (40.3 KB, 24 views)

Old 09-22-2005, 10:46 PM   #12
steve-s

Watch the wrasse carefull over the next few days/week. I'm not sure this is C. irritans given that latest photo. Again unless a trick of the light/blurriness, it appears the spots are somewhat elongated which could suggest a possible trematode problem. It would explain some of the other symptoms but there is a lack of redness which usually accompanies the parasite.

Keep the QT up and ready for whatever the case may be. If C. irritans becomes evident, treat in the QT with hyposalinity. If trematode 45 min SW formalin baths every 3rd day for a total of three times.

Cheers
Steve
Old 09-22-2005, 11:33 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Regular

Thanks steve. If I want to rid my tank of all possible parasites should I QT the wrasse when I get it up and cycled? So that the tank has a good 6weeks to allow all prasites to come and go through theircycles?
Old 09-24-2005, 10:37 AM   #14
steve-s

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipvenom
If I want to rid my tank of all possible parasites should I QT the wrasse when I get it up and cycled?
That will help prevent future issues yes, as long as you QT all other new arrivals.

Quote:
So that the tank has a good 6weeks to allow all prasites to come and go through theircycles?
Depending on the treatment you choose (hyposalinity I hope), it would take that long start to finish anyway so the longer the main can stay fallow the better. Six weeks is a good number.

Cheers
Steve

Tags
dyi, dying, fish dying

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com