Why is my coral all shriveled up?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SwimsWithFishes

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've had it for around 6 weeks and has been growing like crazy,ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1419828369.005371.jpg maybe 4 to 5 times it's original size! But over the last day or so it's shrunk way down. All the water parameters are where they should be and have been.. I'm stumped as to what the problem could be, any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Sometimes people have trouble with these guys. I had one and was doing fine. Later on the coral just stopped growing and died off. How long have they been closed up? Maybe a dip to check parasites.

There aren't too many parasites that eat softies that you can't see with the naked eye. What parameters have you checked, and what were the actual numbers?

Are you using a refractometer? The salinity might be off if you use a hydrometer

I've had xenia do very well in some tanks and horrible in others. lol Even with perfect water I've had them shrivel and die.
As mentioned, what are your parameters, the numbers? Have you added any chemicals or anything else to the tank recently?

Back
Top Bottom