Why maroon clown acting this way?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mansiz

Aquarium Advice Freak
Why is my maroon clown closing its top and bottom fins? Few days ago, its top and bottom fins are all open, its acting wierd since today morning. My water specs are alright,
NO2, NO3, NH3 all zero, Ph 8.2, temp 80 DegreeF, sg 1.023.
Any idea what went wrong? It did eat when I fed him, btw when he eats, he open up his fins, after he finishes, he close again, it wasn't like this before, it has all it fins open up all alone the one month period since I bought him. There was no visible wounds.

Well, that happens sometimes with fish in general, they eat and still don't extend its fins. I would not worry about it, unless you see unusual behavior or fin damage then you sould take the fish out and treat it.

But it seems like the maroon is wriggling when it swims, it wasn't like this before, not wriggling at all. Its looks like something is wrong with its internal body. BTW when it wriggles, it is towards the water currents, keeps wriggle towards the current, don't know why. :( The current was same as before, not too large and not slow either, other fishes act normally.

I will tell you that clowns are not the best swimmers in the world as far as fish go. They aren't very graceful either. My clown just kind of "wiggle" in one spot all the time. It looks like they are dancing.

Back
Top Bottom