Why torch coral. Why?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steo the great

Aquarium Advice Freak
Has anybody got a reason why part of a torch coral would die and the rest flourish. Really really bothering me here's a photo of one head during day by day.

Attachments

• image-3095798379.jpg
    image-3095798379.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 145
  • image-4044873606.jpg
    image-4044873606.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 98
That appears to be a frog spawn. It could be that one head was injured or something irritated it.

Yeah meant frog spawn. Sorry.

But what could have irritated it?

I have no idea. Would a green wrasse pick at it??

I am not sure about the wrasse picking on it. I damaged a head once by accidently bumping it while cleaning my tank. Also too much flow could damage the tissue, sand blowing on it too much etc.

Liveaquaria says green wrasse are reef safe "with caution". Have you ever noticed him picking at your frog spawn? I have a bicolored angel that developed a taste for toadstool leathers. It would eat the top layer of flesh off the toadstool. I would keep an eye on him and see if he is picking at it too much

I am not sure about the wrasse picking on it. I damaged a head once by accidently bumping it while cleaning my tank. Also too much flow could damage the tissue, sand blowing on it too much etc.

Ok thanks ill keep an eye on this and see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom