Why would a skunk cleaner shrimp die?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheChad

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey all,

Right now we have a 29gal tank that has been established for alittle over 2 months, we have a fire shrimp, 2 CC starfish, 1 camel shrimp, and we had 2 skunk cleaner shirmp.

Last night we added 2 percula clown fish to the tank, after our 55g is cycled and ready, we will be moving all of them to the new 55g....

Anyway, they are all perfectly fine last night, but when I woke up this morning the larger of the 2 skunk cleaner shrimp was dead...

The only think I can think of is that the camel shrimp and the fire shrimp would charge at both the cleaner shrimp if they crossed paths too close... I never actually saw any contact made, just a charge and the cleaners would run the other way..

Also we fed the tank brine shrimp with garlic last night, we have never fed the inverts with garlic before last night, does that effect the inverts at all?

Thanks,

-TheChad

I would tend to lean to one of the other shrimp killed him. I `ve read where different types of shrimp will battle if their territory is invaded.

Yeah, I guess he must have just pushed the fireshrimp a little too much.

They are all in our 29g so maybe there's just not enough room for them to not get in each others way...

soon they will all go to the 55g and should have plenty of room.

Thanks,

-TheChad

Back
Top Bottom