Will my injured shrimp make it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HoCkEyGmC

Aquarium Advice Addict
last night i moved around my rockwork and stirred up my sandbed pretty good on accident, its still clearing up. in the process i think i unleashed some nasties into the tank. well today after school i came home looking for my 2 sexy shrimp (in a 3 gallon btw). i found one all happy on the rocks, but i couldnt find the other, but then i looked at my powerhead and there he was, stuck on the intake grate thing. i thought he was deas for sure but no, rite when i cut power he drifted away for a second and moved onto the santbed where they rarely are, its been 2.5 hours now and hes still on the sandbed (moved a little). from observation i see that he has a few broken feet, a proken antenna, and his other antenna seems to be missing, on top of that he just molted. so now i ask, will he make it? i just cleaned up my filter and did a 50% or so pwc.
Thanks!

He should be OK depending if he has any internal injuries. Any parts he lost on the outside will grow back if he makes it.

thanks, he seems to be learning how to crawl around and get to different places with his broken parts i think he has 3-5 functional legs.

They should grow back within the next few molts.

I agree. Just keep an eye on the shrimp. As long as he can get food and isn't being harassed by fish or other inverts then he should be just fine.

only other inverts are another sexy shrimp, 3 dwarf blue leg hermits, and a turbo snail so i think im good. did another 50%pwc aswell.

Back
Top Bottom