Worm thing on my Chile sponge!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Caybrook

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Just came home and went to love my new chile sponge and panicked when I saw a creepy crawly worm on it. I can't confirm if it is a bristle worm or not as it's not as brown as in the pictures I have seen. What is this thing and what should I do? Haven't see any in the tank and have separated the sponge. Only found one so far. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390345218.803290.jpg

Maybe some type of big amphipod. But it really does look like a tiny mantis shrimp

Should I assume this was the only one and there isn't a swarm of them in my tank hiding? Do they usually travel in packs? I don't do well with wormy bug looking things.

I do. A dragonet. Bought him from a not so nice lfs where I didn't think he would make it another week. I've had him going on three weeks now.

Ah ok yes they will to an extent. Not the huge ones but medium to small ones yes

Ok now I'm almost positive I have bristle worms. Am I right? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391295704.193384.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391295716.904168.jpg

If that is what these are do I need to get rid of them?

Back
Top Bottom