Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-14-2010, 12:13 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Would metal flake effect my water?

i fed my fish some frozen brine shrimp the other night because i was out of live ones so while i plopped in a cube a piece of the package fell into my tank i went to grab it and the fish gat startled and it disappeared into my live rock would the small piece of metal of aluminum wutever it is the they come packaged in affect my water?

Old 12-14-2010, 11:39 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Just an opinion, no hard facts, but... I wouldn't worry too much about it. If you can find it easy, great. If not, I wouldn't go and tear your tank apart over it. At least that's what I'd do.

Old 12-14-2010, 05:51 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

i know im scared because my cort coral is not opening up all the way all the other corals are doing pretty good but this guy is just not looking to happy he was fine and a few days after the incident it just started acting moody looks pretty droopy and stuff
Old 12-14-2010, 05:52 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

ill will do another water change tonight see if it improves

Tags
flake, metal

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com