Xenia Help Please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reef fanatic

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok so I purchased a pulsing xenia frag with three branches. They looked great the first night now its day three and they are laying down and some of the polyps are closed. Hasn't pulsed since the first day. And now I just noticed a "tear" along one of the stalks. Is this them starting to disintegrate? My tank is a 30 gal hex. and stats are normal 0 nitrates, nitrites, ammonia, and my sg is 1.025. cal is a little high at 520, trying to lower it. I moved the xenia to mid tank. What should I do?

My xenia has split it's stalks and all it ended up doing was spreading. So it might be getting ready to spread some. Also, I notice if mine is in too much flow it tends to split and spread lower on the rock.

My Xenia is a weed now 2 weeks and it's doubled lol I love the way it looks and always have a place to bring frags to for store credit. They sell it for $15 and I get half nbd.

Thanks for all the help but they did not make it. My hydrometer is very old and was reading ten sg's off. My tank is down to where it needs to be. The high salinity killed the xenias they could not adjust.

Back
Top Bottom