Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-20-2004, 09:19 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Well, the one in the pic had its polyps blown away... Too late for him, the other isnt looking all too well, but is still alive, but is limp. Well, I found on the other side there were 2 little polyps, they are doing great!! Its been about 1 week or 2 and they are pumping, one of the two made a new branch on its stalk. I dunno what my alk levels are, but hopefully the lfs will get the test kit I special ordered for tomorrow, last week, their supplier was out of alk test kits. I have done alot of 5 gal waterchanges like everyday so far. The ph has risen to 8.3, I added some reef builder alk. So when I get my test kit, I can find out how much I dose in my makeup water. I dunno what my calcium levels are but more often waterchanges should help. Btw, sorry I couldnt post earlier, my comp had to be formatted. I think those two little xenia babys will grow, they already have. These things are miniature! will it take very long for them to get fairly big? The taller one seems to pump more everyday, is it beause it is growing stronger?? Im pretty sad that the big colony has died, but I'm excited the little colony is alive and kicking.

Old 10-20-2004, 11:40 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

I guess that is good and bad news. Your youngs ones will grow like crazy. Good luck...Lando

Old 10-22-2004, 12:57 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I took a closer look at the other big colony, and its health is improving alot, I think its because of the good alk levels. Their polyps lost their white except on theyre tips, and they lost their feathers, but are starting to pump, and will hopefully recover in a few days!

Tags
ick, iron, pics, sick, xenia

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com