Xenia wont open! :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DeathclawRowe1

Aquarium Advice Freak
All my other corals are doing awesome but my Xenia wont open! Why? My Xenia is in the bottom right hanging out with my clown goby.

Attachments

• image-1809536967.jpg
    image-1809536967.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 150
It's a month and a week old. So almost a month and a half. Live sand. Live rock. Water from a previous tank and a aqua clear with bioballs from a pre established aquarium with filter floss. The tank has two small percula clowns and 1 clown goby and the parameters are decent ammonia is less than .5 and the nitrite is around .25 with nitrate at about 10 ppm. I just did a water change and added prime today. So hopefully that helps him. It's got lots of light, 50 3 watt LEDs by marine land with 3 moon lights and the aqua clear is a 20 gallon filter and it has about 7 pounds of rock in a 5 gallon system, I know crazy nano but I do have 2 other aquariums for the clowns when they get to big. I've got a 10 for when they're abou 1.5 Inches and a 29 gallon once they get 2 inches.

I would say its because the tank isn't cycled. Poor fishes with traceable amm an nitrite :(
Xenia is pretty much indestructible too, that's my guess...

From my experience they like a more mature tank with dirtier then say a sps tank water would be .. and I think you have to much light on them ....

In my opinion there are way too many fish in a 5 gallon tank. I dont know of many salt water fish that can live in a 5 gallon tank. You will probably always have ammonia issues unless you do more water changes. I would suggest a larger tank. I believe I read a post where you said you had a toadstool and xenia also. Xenia will grow like crazy and the toadstool can quickly take over a 5 gallon tank. They get huge. I think you have the wrong livestock for such a small tank

Oh. I see it down at the very bottom. Yeah it doesnt look happy. Is it sliming real bad or looks like it is melting? If it is melting and falling apart i would remove it before it crashed your tank.

Back
Top Bottom